We have three MK1 Cornish Shrimpers – modern classics with a traditional feel. They are 19′ gaff rigged sailing boats with a lifting centre plate and can safely carry up to six people. Don’t worry if you have never sailed a gaff rig before as we will show you the ropes when you arrive, though you must be a competent sailor.
Licensed for the River Fal and Helford River they are perfect for both sailing in the open waters and exploring the idyllic local creeks. With two berths and camping style equipment they are ideal for overnight adventures. Just bring along your bedding and enjoy a night or two aboard.
When you arrive at Mylor Boat Hire, we will talk you through the boat rigging, and the safety equipment on board. We will also go through the tides, weather, local area and all the information you need to enjoy your time on the water. Conditions and tides vary every day, so if you would like to explore somewhere in particular, please contact us to arrange the best day and time.
Our Cornish Shrimpers are equipped with a 6HP outboard engine and the following;
- Anchor, life ring and boat hook
- Bucket, bailer and sponge
- Fal River and Helford river charts
- Solar light
- Fire extinguisher and Fire blanket
- Safety pot containing – Inshore flares, throw line, waterproof torch, first aid kit, whistle, emergency blanket, horn,
- Origo single hob meths stove
- Small kettle
- Small washing bowl, sponge, Ecover washing up liquid and a tea towel
*we have removed all the cookware, crockery and cutlery due to the current COVID restrictions. Please feel free to bring your own along*
Contact us for availability
Cornish Shrimper, Mylor Boat Hire.