We have two MK1 Cornish Shrimpers – modern classics with a traditional feel. They are 19′ gaff rigged sailing boats with a lifting centre plate and can safely carry up to six people. Don’t worry if you have never sailed a gaff rig before as we will show you the ropes when you arrive, though you must be a competent sailor.
Licensed for the River Fal and Helford River they are perfect for both sailing in the open waters and exploring the idyllic local creeks. With two berths and camping style equipment they are ideal for overnight adventures. Just bring along your bedding and enjoy a night or two aboard.
When you arrive at Mylor Boat Hire, we will talk you through the boat rigging, and the safety equipment on board. We will also go through the tides, weather, local area and all the information you need to enjoy your time on the water. Conditions and tides vary every day, so if you would like to explore somewhere in particular, please contact us to arrange the best day and time.
Both Shrimpers are equipped with the following;
- Anchor, life ring and boat hook
- Bucket, bailer and sponge
- Fal River and Helford river charts
- Solar light
- Fire extinguisher and Fire blanket
- Safety pot containing – Inshore flares, throw line, waterproof torch, first aid kit, whistle, emergency blanket, horn,
- Origo single hob meths stove
- 10L water
- Small kettle
- Small pan and frying pan
- Small washing bowl, sponge, Ecover washing up liquid and a tea towel
- Mugs, plates, bowls and cutlery for two
- A few tea bags, coffee bags, milk sachets and sugar
Prices are for daily hire, staying aboard incurs an extra cost of £20 per night for the first two nights.
Please see our TERMS & CONDITIONS page for more details.